We are looking for an intern to join our Digital team. This is a remote, election-year position and will run through 2024.
Florida Watch is a progressive communications and research hub with a digital first lens. We are driven by quantitative and qualitative research that is used to create engaging and Florida-specific digital content. We want to meet people where they are in real life – on their phones and computers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A strong commitment to progressive and democratic causes
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Ability to create engaging and relevant content, including blog posts, tweets, videos, infographics, and more.
- Basic graphic design skills for creating social media visuals, banners, and other materials.
- Strong writing skills for creating compelling social media posts and website content.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for engaging with the team.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills to come up with innovative ideas.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new digital trends and technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Precision in tasks such as proofreading, data entry, and quality assurance.
- Proficiency in video editing software for creating and editing video content.
- Proficiency in managing and scheduling posts on various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. using various scheduling tools like Hootsuite, and Facebook.
- Basic project management skills to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Proficiency in a language other than English.
- Work closely with the Digital Director to complete graphic and video projects on a rolling basis
- Other duties as assigned
This is a part-time position (approx 20 hours per week) that pays $20.00 per hour.
Please send us your experience and why you are interested in the job (can be a traditional resume & cover letter, or any other written format) to email@example.com. Reference “Florida Watch Digital Intern” and your name in the subject line.
Florida Watch is a 501(c)(4) communications and research hub and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly urged to apply.