Reports to the Digital Director for Florida Watch. The Digital Organizer helps craft culturally
conscious messaging and oversees dissemination on various digital channels.
Florida Watch is a progressive communications and research hub with a digital-first lens. We are
driven by quantitative and qualitative research that is used to create engaging and
Florida-specific digital content. We want to meet people where they are in real life – on their
phones and computers.
Qualifications and Requirements
● A strong commitment to progressive and democratic causes
● Legal right to work in the United States
● Graphic design skills for creating social media visuals, banners, and other materials.
● Strong writing skills for creating compelling social media posts and website content.
● Effective written and verbal communication skills for engaging with the team.
● Strong project management skills to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a
fast-paced digital environment.
● Creative thinking and problem-solving skills to come up with innovative ideas.
● Willingness to learn and adapt to new digital trends and technologies.
● Ability to collaborate with other team members and work in a team-oriented
● Precision in tasks such as proofreading, data entry, and quality assurance.
● Proactively fosters an inclusive atmosphere and commitment to diversity, equity and
● Proficiency in video editing software for creating and editing video content.
● Proficiency in managing and scheduling posts on various social media platforms like
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc., using various scheduling tools like
Hootsuite and FaceBook / Meta Business Suite.
● Understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) principles to optimize content for
search engines and improve organic rankings.
● Knowledge of email marketing platforms and the ability to create and manage email
● Familiarity with tools like Google Analytics to track website traffic and user behavior.
● Experience with platforms like WordPress for website management.
● Familiarity with basic HTML and CSS for making minor website changes and
● Proficiency in a language other than English. Spanish preferred
● Familiarity with the format and production skills required for producing a podcast.
● Familiarity and willingness to be on camera for social media content creation.
● Work closely with the Digital Director to complete graphic and video projects on a rolling
● Manage Florida Watch’s social media channels
● Execute and manage digital ad buys.
● Other duties as assigned
The salary range for this role is $50,000-$60,000 annually and will be commensurate with
experience. We also offer a 401k with up to a 5% match, health (as well as life & disability)
insurance, a flexible work environment, and paid time off. This is a full-time permanent position
with retention based on performance in the 2024 cycle.
Please send us your experience and why you are interested in the job (can be a traditional
resume & cover letter or any other written format) to email@example.com. Reference
“Florida Watch Digital Organizer” and your name in the subject line.
Florida Watch is a 501(c)(4) communications and research hub and an equal-opportunity
employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+
community are strongly urged to apply.