The digital designer helps create persuasive, emotionally evocative, and compelling graphics and video for rapid response communications.
Florida Watch is a progressive communications and research hub with a digital first lens. Working in partnership with Progress Florida, we manage the Florida Research and Communications Hub, a new project focused on quantitative and qualitative research used to create engaging, Florida-specific digital content. Our goal is to connect with voters where they are in real life, especially on their mobile devices and computers, to advance progressives issues and electoral strategies and tactics to win a better Florida.
- Excellent persuasive writing skills.
- At least 2 years experience of digital graphic design and video.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within the organization as well as with state and national partners.
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Florida, safety permitting.
- Experience with common digital design tools for images and video like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign along with Adobe Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro.
- Prior experience in state politics is a plus, but not required for the right applicant.
- Reports to the director of the Florida Research and Communications Hub Content Creation Team and the Florida Watch Executive Director.
- Works with the Content Creation Team to produce persuasive, emotionally evocative content designed to motivate progressive voters and persuade undecided voters.
- Creates static graphics or animated gifs for paid advertising campaigns, emails, and landing pages.
- Drafts video outlines, scripts, and/or storyboards.
- Produces, edits, and publishes original video content and animations.
- Works with individuals and partner organizations to produce original interview-style or first person videos.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary band for this role is $50,000-$60,000 annually and will be commensurate with experience. We also offer a 401k with up to a 5% match, health insurance, flexible work environment and paid time off. This is a permanent position with retention based on performance in the 2021-2022 cycle.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and examples of previous graphic and video work to email@example.com. Reference “Digital Designer” and your name in the subject line. Applications without video work will not be considered.
Florida Watch is a 501(c)4 communications and research organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply.